We had an interesting visit today. Andrei was grumpy and tired. I think he was off his schedule since there is a different crew of caregivers on the weekends. I left the camera at home this morning. Sorry no pictures of Andrei. : (
Now that the 10 days are up, we begin the process of getting a new birth certificate, a passport, and visa to the US. The last 10 days have not been easy, but they have allowed us time to bond with Andrei. We are so thankful that we had another Texan family here to spend our afternoons with. It truly made the time go by a little faster, and together we were “brave” enough to explore the city. God knew we needed that fellowship time. Here are some pictures from our outing to the river this afternoon.
Our plan for next week.
• Tomorrow the facilitator will pick-up our finalized court decree, and we will take Andrei to get his passport picture. I hope they let us take him out for lunch also.
• Tuesday we will go to his birth region to get a new birth certificate with our names as his parents. Tuesday afternoon we will apply for the passport and hopefully get it either later that day or on Wednesday.
• Wednesday should be Gotcha Day!
• Wednesday night we will take the train back to Kiev and arrive Thursday at 10 am.
• Thursday 11:00 am we have our embassy appointment to apply for Andrei’s visa.
• Friday morning we will go to his medical exam, pick-up the result by 2:00, and go back to the embassy for the visa.
• Saturday we hope to enjoy our time around Kiev with Andrei.
• Sunday we will be at the airport at 3:00 AM. So early!!! Our plane leaves at 6:45 AM to Amsterdam. We arrive at 8:45 AM and have a short layover until 10:00 AM. We then will go straight to Dallas. We will arrive in Dallas at 1:45 PM. YAHOO!!
It’s a tight schedule, but we know that with God’s help it can be done. Please pray that everything works out smoothly so we can be home on Sunday.