Monday, September 20, 2010

Somewhere Out There

I have been thinking about how adopting can be so different and yet so similar to being pregnant.

Both have a lot of waiting! Both are so emotionally draining; one moment can have such joy and excitement and the next such anxiety and fear of the unknown. Both bring such hope for the future of the precious little one who you will soon hold in your arms. With both you "fall in love" with a child you have not yet met.

There is one part that is so different and also so difficult. When I was pregnant I could feel my little girl growing each day, and I could care for her as she developed. My heart aches knowing that Grady could be scared, crying, sick, hungry, cold, or feel alone... and I am not there! I know that God is taking care of Grady, but the desire to nurture and care for him is still there. Tonight, he feels so far away! This made me think of the song Somewhere Out There from the movie American Tail. So sad tonight!!

Please pray for Grady that he might feel God's loving arms around him. Please pray that we might be able to bring him home soon!

2 comments:

  1. I know EXACTLY how you feel! You will have him soon! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just grabbed your fundraising button but it is HUGE! Any idea how to make it smaller? Thanks!

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete